系統管理員
文章: 951
註冊時間: 週五 3月 6日, 2009年 11:05 am
來自: 美國麻州
聯繫:

助人為快樂之本

文章 蔡自富 » 週日 9月 25日, 2011年 8:09 am

上週有位大陸來的同事回鍋,她暑假時回家帶小孩,現在又回來上班。她說孩子還小,才三歲。而且錢又不多,所以只是貼補一下托兒費爾爾。

因為同樣是做顧問,我知道這家公司的行情每小時至少有50美元,所以對她的「賺點小錢」感覺有點不太能理解。一問之下,竟然是$30/小時,她的仲介公司實在是太黑心,就給她建議向她的仲介要求提薪。

當下替她寫了封EMAIL,先禮後兵,要求加薪到$50.第二天,她的仲介公司回信,長篇大論,極力數說她的不是,還威脅要把她開除,不過整封信可以看得出是色厲內荏。我們大陸同胞寫了一封回信請我過目,一看之下,差點沒嚇死:用討論、恭維、請求的方式來要求加薪。顯然在大陸這麼多年的養成教育都是白費,仍然不知道資本主義的可惡。 :lol:

後來又是我代筆,短短的兩段直攻要害、惡削了一頓,馬上她的仲介公司就軟下來了。第二天乖乖的把新的合約送上來,大陸同胞樂不可支,一直喊「發財了」。 :)
65372 輪義 麻州獵鹿人 Karl Tsai
Line/WeChat: karltsai1961

54enoch
實習生
文章: 96
註冊時間: 週三 8月 5日, 2009年 5:16 am

Re: 助人為快樂之本

文章 54enoch » 週日 9月 25日, 2011年 9:38 pm

資本社會訓練出來三狠角色!自富了得! 很期待你回台灣喔!
帶你來我家的後山.這些年來台北很夯的休閒點!
冬陽午後探訪貓空 001.jpg
您沒有權限檢視這篇文章所附加的檔案。

頭像
蔡自富
系統管理員
聯繫:

文章 蔡自富 » 週一 10月 3日, 2011年 10:22 pm

潘兄就住在貓空站?不知從東區過去要坐多久的車?

大陸同胞昨天好好的招待了我一天,她的小女兒很活潑,我們玩得很開心。下午除了看美國內戰的重演以外,還到密西根湖邊的小溪去看別人釣魚,現在正是鮭魚產卵期,一堆小毛頭釣起許多大魚。
65372 輪義 麻州獵鹿人 Karl Tsai

頭像
徐少康
召集人
文章: 4590
註冊時間: 週四 6月 25日, 2009年 2:55 am
來自: 地球

文章 徐少康 » 週一 10月 3日, 2011年 10:28 pm

建議自富學長搭捷運木柵線到木柵動物園
再搭貓空纜車上貓空
最好選水晶座地板是壓克力透明的
沿途景色,一覽無疑
66輪義 小康 David

頭像
蔡自富
系統管理員
聯繫:

文章 蔡自富 » 週一 10月 3日, 2011年 11:35 pm

謝謝建議,有時間我會考慮
65372 輪義 麻州獵鹿人 Karl Tsai

lu956
實習生
文章: 111
註冊時間: 週四 3月 24日, 2011年 3:44 am
來自: 好地方

文章 lu956 » 週三 10月 5日, 2011年 10:32 am

貓空透明覽車沒搭過ㄟ
可以 揪團來ㄑ玩ㄇ
:lol: :lol:
71管明 LU956

陸毓隆
召集人
文章: 52
註冊時間: 週四 12月 16日, 2010年 6:12 am

文章 陸毓隆 » 週三 10月 19日, 2011年 6:31 am

蔡老弟,我很好奇? 你的回函是如何寫的?? 才一下那個仲介公司就投降了??? 還有那個仲介公司是華人開的,還是老外開的???

頭像
蔡自富
系統管理員
聯繫:

文章 蔡自富 » 週二 10月 25日, 2011年 6:07 pm

那是一家老外的公司

這是我代擬的第一封信
Dear xxx,
I started today, got my PC setup and have chatted with my old friends and coworkers here. From what I’ve heard I’d be involved in project all the way till next March.

From the conversation, I’ve also learned there is no contractor here at XXX making less than $50/hr and I demand to be paid at least that. It is time to write up a new contract.

Regards,
Signed

老外的回信
Hi XXXXX,
Not sure who you spoke to....and unless you were speaking with XXXX management I have a hard time believing that person would know the rates of every contractor working there. In addition, the agreement you signed clearly states it is against company policy to discuss such matters.

Whoever you discussed this with (whether it is correct or incorrect) could potentially be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Despite those facts, we will go back to XXXX and see what we can do. I cannot make any promises.

Please keep the following in mind:

1. XXXX already went out of their way to accommodate you coming back
2. We already got you an increase of $2.00/hour
3. XXXX already agreed to a revised work schedule (35 hour work week)
4. Many of the contractors working at XXXX are working there from out of town. I have to believe a good portion of what they are being paid is in the form of per diem (to cover duplicate living expenses). Since you are local, you are not incurring duplicate living expenses and therefore will not qualify for per diem, so please keep that in mind.

I would recommend you not discuss this further.

That being said, I cannot make any promises but I will see what we can do. I may not have any answers for you right away as our contact is in NC this week and I am not sure when she is back.

Signed

我同事草擬的回信
Hi XXXX,
I very much appreciate that XXXX accommondate me coming back with flexible working hour. I believe XXXX also appreciates my contribution, my hardworking and professional skill considering that many contractors were let go during my absence.

I appreciate the increase of $2. However, $32/hour is still too low below the fair market value for experienced professional like me.

Other agents on the market have offered me $50 - $55 in past several months for similar position. $50/hour is the reasonable rate for professional with my background and working experiences. Remember that since I am local, I could commit longer term with XXXX in the future. Also I don’t get the extra payment of per diem to cover the hotel, the air tickets, the car rental, etc or any tax benefits for the per diem payment.

I am happy to go back and working with XXXX. I am also happy with strategic services so far. I am planning to work for longer term with XXXX and strategic. I am looking forward to hear the good news from you in the short future.

Best wish,

這是我的建議
XXXX,
“I am also happy with strategic services”? I don’t think you got the gist. And you spent too much time defending your position.

I’m sorry, but you will be better off not to send this email because you are not going to get anything you want this way. Your attitude is the reason why you didn’t get a reasonable rate in the first place. And based on that your agency think you are weak. You need to adjust your attitude and play tough.

Remember, you have all the cards and you need to play it right. Or you will lose to your opponent who has no card.

我代擬的第二封信
How about this:

I have learned that many contractors that used to work here are gone; some voluntarily, but most were terminated due to performance issues. And it is clear my coming back to XXX is not incidental – they actually appreciate my contribution and attitude.

I’m not going to justify my demand. There are agencies calling around and the going rate is 50+. I know this for a fact. As far as I’m concerned, you did me wrong before and I’m offering you a chance to make it right this time.

If I don’t hear what I expected today, I’m prepared to walk.

Have a nice day.

她原來不想寄的
Wow, it is really strong but I am not ready to lost my job yet…..

我給她鼓勵,後來照我的一字不改寄了
Negotiation is a form of a fight. In a fight, you don’t expose your weakness and you don’t make irrelevant moves. Every blow has to be effective and for a purpose.

You agency talk tough. At this point, you don’t play nice, you don’t go soft. You need to be tough. Tougher than him. Or you will lose.
65372 輪義 麻州獵鹿人 Karl Tsai

校友
文章: 570
註冊時間: 週五 5月 15日, 2009年 5:13 am

文章 69524 » 週二 10月 25日, 2011年 11:03 pm

趕快 做筆記 ~~呵呵 賺到了!!!
69 管明

joe
召集人
文章: 1074